Minidron a home robot, easy and affordable
I love robots.
But they are expensive. And they do not do great things.
I am aimed in facilitating the building of a home robot, allowing experimentation without big money expenses.
Minidron in IkeaHacks
- No soldering
- No electronics knowledge
- Easy to find components
- Week-end feasible project (now you have the how-to, obviously)
Here we go!
After thinking a lot -and being realistic- I decided to start with a dron. A dron is similar to a robot, but it is not autonomous, on the opposite it is remote controlled like telecontrolled airplanes or cars.
- One medium-sized plastic box, for the chassis and bodywork (I used an Ikea Vessla toy contanier) (4€)
- Two continuous rotation servos (20€)
- Two wheels (free if you have got an old toy)
- One Arduino (20€)
- One Netbook or mini-notebook (probably you can borrow one)
- One refrigerator tray and a box of ear-sticks (1€ each)
- Assortment of wires and screws (I have never bought one! Look around for tech rubish to dissasemble)
And the tools:
Step by Step
If you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to ask: "alfonso AT el-magnifico.org"